- To deepen the understanding of the Christian faith and dedication of senior adults.
- To utilize and develop the talents and spiritual insights of senior adults.
- To encourage and develop a rich and meaningful fellowship in and through senior adults.
- To help senior adults magnify and strengthen the church.
- To help senior adults continue to assume their place of usefulness and leadership in the community.
- By recognizing the above, every effort is made to channel and utilize the talents and energy of this group at this strategic time in their lives. The genius of a senior adult ministry is that it speaks to, utilizes the talents of, and therefore specifically reaches the senior adults in the church . . . and in the community. Senior adults lead in the planning in the working in sharing the fellowship in witnessing to the great life in Christ Jesus. Our senior adults are involved in all parts of our church.
- This group has been seen going to Branson, Mo., The Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tenn., and the Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg, Tenn. as well as the Great State Fair of Texas!
- Trailblazer Luncheons are held the 4th Tuesday of every month (except June and July) at 11:45 a.m. in our Parlor and provide a special place for senior adults to gather and fellowship, hear some fantastic entertainers and speakers from the Ark-La-Tex area, and enjoy some of the finest Pot Luck cookin’ in East Texas! It’s always FREE and no reservation is ever required. Just bring something to eat with you and there’s always plenty to share! Bring your friends! The more, the merrier!
- Silver Notes is a choir especially for adults ages 55 and older. This group meets on Tuesdays in Fellowship Hall from 9:00-10:30 a.m. Come early for coffee and donuts and great fellowship.
- Country Friday Night is a rip-roarin’ good time that features our local talent. This is usually held twice a year.
- Triple L offers a special time of food, fellowship and entertainment every third Thursday of each month in Fellowship Hall. Triple L will not meet during November or December.
- A 42 Club is available on the fourth Thursday of each month for those who enjoy this domino game. Meet in the Fellowship Hall.
- Trips – Both day trips and extended trips to such places as Timberline Retreat Center, Marshall, Texas to view the Christmas lights, and periodic sight-seeing trips.
- The Food Pantry Ministry serves over 125 needy families each month. Hours are from 9am – 12 noon, the first Monday & Thursday of each month (closed on holidays).
- The best part of the Senior Adult Ministry at CHBC are the Sunday School Classes. These classes provide much of the fellowship and caring of all of our members!