Children's Minister (full-time)
Colonial Hills is looking for a full-time Children's Minister to be responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs and activities related to the Children's Ministry (Birth- 6th Grade).
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
The Children’s Minister is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs and activities related to the Children's Ministry (Birth- 6th Grade) at CHBC. Specifically, this person is responsible for the coordination of all activities, including, but not limited to: Sunday School, Children’s Church, Mid-Week activities, VBS, Pre-teen camp and childcare.
● Previous experience in a leadership role in education or children’s ministry
● BA or BS or related work experience equivalence
● Passion for ministry of equipping parents
● Leadership and Administrative skills
● Service oriented
● Must understand and promote the knowledge that “Christ is our life” through the curriculum and through teaching
● Provide overall visionary and strategic leadership to CHBC’s Children’s Ministry
● Recruit, screen, train, and encourage Children’s Ministry volunteers
● Provide vision and overall direction, in coordination with Pastoral leadership for curriculum implementation and selection that emphasizes Christ as Life
● Involvement in “milestone events” in Children’s Ministry including, but not limited to, parent/child dedication, baptism, etc.
● Facilitate registration and oversight of check in/out process of children and families
● Develop healthy communication among parents and equip parents for discipleship through curriculum
● Oversee content of Children’s Ministry communication (including website, newsletter, calendar, etc.)
● Responsible for Children’s Ministry budget and financial oversight
● Partner with appropriate leadership to execute one consistent vision for CHBC Family Ministry
● Partner with appropriate leadership to plan special family events such as Fall Festival, Family Fun Days, etc.
● Coordination of childcare needs and paid Nursery workers as needed
● Adhere to “Putting Children First” background check policy