Colonial Hills is looking for a full-time Receptionist/Ministry Assitant who will be responsible for professionally greeting visitors to the church office, operate the multi-line phone, and maintain a positive image for the church.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an hourly non-exempt position.
● High school diploma or GED, some college preferred.
● Receptionist or multi-line phone experience or background.
● Experience related to working with community members.
● Keyboarding and computer proficiency.
● Organizational and communication skills preferred.
● Ability to work with constant interruptions and with various people.
● Strong written and interpersonal communication skills – including speaking, writing and listening.
● Maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and others in the conduct of church business and demonstrate teamwork in daily activities.
● Prompt, timely, and thorough in completing assignments and attending to details accurately and efficiently.
● Receive and direct incoming calls; take messages or route to appropriate staff.
● Greet and direct visitors in a positive, professional manner.
● Maintain a professional atmosphere in the reception area.
● Prepare materials for mailing, including preparing labels, stuffing envelopes, etc.
● Provide event preparation, event registration, and clerical assistance as needed.
● Order church literature, including magazines, publications, and Adult Sunday School materials.
● Maintain master calendar of church events.
● Sort mail and distribute.
● Act as the first source of information for visitors.
● Assist public, staff, and church members as needed.
● Refer more complex questions to the appropriate staff member.
● Assist in the ordering of office supplies and materials as needed.
● Update church website as needed.
● Create and update event signage displayed throughout the church buildings.
● Prepare weekly newsletter for print and electronic distribution.
● Relay custodial and maintenance requests.
● Comply with directions and instructions from supervisor; performs other tasks and assumes such responsibilities as may be assigned.